This 2-Day course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. It covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications but is aimed at Trainer/ Assessors and/or supervisor level within the workplace.
A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health?
• Identifying mental health conditions
• Providing advice and starting a conversation • Stress
• Mental health conditions
• Drugs and alcohol
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Eating disorders
• Personality disorders • Bipolar disorder
A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
A maximum of 16 students are allowed on the course and must be a minimum of 16 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.