IOSH Fire Risk Assessment Training Courses
IOSH Fire Risk Assessment Training is a three day course is run by Quality Leisure Management Ltd health and safety professionals, is IOSH-approved [Course number CA412] and for successful candidates, leads to the awarding of a Certificate in Fire Risk Assessment.
This general certificate is perfect for managers and supervisors working within the Leisure Industry. The learning outcomes of this training ensure correct risk management at your workplace.
You can find other training courses available to professionals in the Leisure Industry here.
- Understand and identify the requirements of current fire safety legislation and guidance
- The ability to explain and define fire safety risk assessment process
- Identify the relevant requirements when recording a fire risk assessment
- Strategise and outline the content of an effective action plan
- Assess and improve fire risk assessments as part of an ongoing fire safety management strategy
The course is suitable for staff working as a Duty Officer, Manager or Assistant Manager or for staff who may be expected to undertake new or review existing fire risk assessments. The course is in 9 modules that cover all elements of fire risk assessment in the Leisure Industry. IOSH Fire Risk Assessment training courses provide your member of staff with a general certificate and the skills and knowledge required to assess, identify and mitigate risk within the workplace.
IOSH Fire Risk Assessment Modules
Fires and fire science
- Fire start, burn and spread
Fire Safety Law
- Assessing risk
- Managing fire emergencies
Fire risk assessment
- Identification of hazards
- Heat, fuel and oxygen
- People at risk
- Risk reduction
- Record keeping
- Means of escape
- Warning of fire
- Implications for people with special needs
- F&RS access
- Fixed equipment
- Emergency signs
- Emergency lighting
- Inspection and testing
- Roles and responsibilities
- Decision making
- Planning into practice
- Fire drills
- Fire fighting
- Building checks and inspections
- Refuges & assembly points
Completing the assessment
- Model templates
- Report writing
The course concludes with a written assessment paper and course costs include a training manual, handouts, CD-ROM with reference material, assessment and certificate.